In the GoCanvas app there are settings that will apply to any App you fill out on that device. You can navigate to these settings by clicking on the gear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen on a mobile device or by clicking the Settings tab in our Windows client.
The settings are a little different depending on the device. We'll start with the iOS settings; many of the settings do repeat, but we'll also take a look at settings that are unique to Android and Windows.
- If you have folders in your account (only available for Team 3 and higher plans), you can prevent them from showing up on your device. The Apps that are in those folders will show up in a single list.
- You can set whether you want the photos you take in photo fields to save to your device. This is a good idea if you want to be able to back up your data or if you need the images for other purposes.
- iOS 11 has a native photo keyboard, which you can turn on for GoCanvas using this toggle.
- This setting allows you to automatically begin a new Submission whenever you finish one; you won't be taken back to the main screen. This is particularly useful for event registration. To exit out of the looping App, click the back arrow at the top of the screen.
- If you have loop screens, there's a setting that allows the App to collect that data in a grid format instead of the standard key field followed by the loop screen. You set that in the App Builder but also need to have it turned on here for it to work on your device.
- This is the setting for enabling auto upload, which will upload Submissions when you're back in data or wi-fi coverage.
- If you created an app using the Mobile Builder and you enable this setting, what you see when you go to fill out a submission will resemble the PDF.
- Enabling this setting simply defaults your camera's flash to "on" for when you are using it to scan a barcode.
- You can determine if you would like to use touch ID on this device to grant you access to your GoCanvas account.
- Privacy Settings will show you what features on your phone you've allowed GoCanvas to access, including Location Services, Contacts, Photos, Microphone, and Camera. If you're having issues with specific fields or features, you may want to check your privacy settings and grant the app more access to these features.
- You have a few options for how date and times are displayed within the GoCanvas App, including just now, MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM, MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM am/pm.
- If you encounter a serious bug or problem with the GoCanvas app, you may be asked to submit your logs (more on that later). In addition to being able to do that, you can also select how detailed those logs are from this setting. You generally will not need to change this setting unless directed to by a member of the GoCanvas Support Team.
- This is basically the opposite of the setting on iOS, except Android defaults to saving the photo, so you'd have to adjust this setting if you do not want that to happen.
- This will allow you to save your GoCanvas password to the device for a quicker login process.
- The only setting unique to Windows is the Enable Proxy Settings toggle, which will reveal additional fields. This should only be used if you're using GoCanvas from a device that is connecting to the the internet through a proxy server. Contact your company's IT department first if you have questions or problems while using this feature.