Right now when entering a time in GoCanvas for Windows you are presented with a modal window like this, and the only way to change the values is to click the up and down arrows:
This style of entry on a PC takes an enormous number of clicks and a huge amount of time.
It would be good to improve the time entry by allowing some or all of these:
- Use the time tool as shown above but allow the user to:
- - - - Scroll with the mouse
- - - - Hold down the arrow to advance the "wheel" rather than having to click individual times
- - - - Click on a visible number above or below the number currently in focus to allow the rapid choice of a number without having to click until it is exactly in focus
- - - - Use the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard
- - - - Have a style choice that allows choosing time in 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, or 60 minute increments
- Maybe add a time chooser that shows a clock face with the ability to click or drag the hand around to the right time
It is great that you can click on the very far left part of the field and just directly type the time in.