Integrating all your PDFs to Microsoft OneDrive, and other storage services, through Zapier just got a lot faster with the All Forms option for GoCanvas and Zapier.
Creating a Zap using "All Forms"
Zapier walks you through a step-by-step process when creating a Zap on their site. All of this is done on the Zapier website from your Dashboard. You can also review Zapier's help topic on creating a Zap.
The screenshots below will show you how we created a Zap that sends all PDFs to OneDrive.
Step 1: Push the "Make New Zap" button on your Dashboard when logged into Zapier.
- Name your Zap.
- Choose GoCanvas as your Trigger App (Zapier refers to all of their partners as "Apps").
Step 2: When using GoCanvas as the App, the Trigger Event is "New Submission" and you can trigger it Mid-Workflow in the "Set up trigger" step.
Step 3: Connect your GoCanvas Account to Zapier. Once you do this the first time, Zapier will remember the connection.
Step 4: Authenticate your GoCanvas Account with Zapier.
- Enter your GoCanvas username and password.
- ONLY change the GoCanvas Web Site address if you purchased GoCanvas from Telstra, our partner in Australia.
- Push the "Yes, continue" button.
Step 5: Now you can select whether this is triggered mid workflow or not and select "All Forms" as the App Name.
- If you have not yet made a submission with you GoCanvas account, you will need to make one so Zapier can "see" it.
Step 6: Now Zapier will reach out and "look" at the last submission you made.
- Push the "Test trigger" button.
Step 7: You have now completed your Trigger! Time to create your Action.
- Select the App (Remember, Zapier calls the cloud services they connect to "Apps").
- In this case we are going to select OneDrive.
Step 8: We have selected OneDrive and now we need to choose an Action from the list.
- In this case we are choosing to Upload a File.
Step 9: Now it will ask you to login to OneDrive by entering your username and password.
Step 10: Set up the action.
- Choose the folder where the PDFs will be sent. Keep clicking the dropdown to go inside folders. Defaults to the top-level folder if left blank.
- Click the “File” and a drop down of metadata will appear. Click “Show all options” to reveal “Canvas Pdf” from the list of metadata.
- Choose a file name from the dropdown. By default, Zapier uses the same name and extension as the original file.
Step 11: Test your Zap.
- Push the "Test action" button.
Step 12: Turn it on.
- Keep in mind that once it is turned on it will always run.
- To stop the integration, you must turn off the Zap.