Integrating all your PDFs to Microsoft OneDrive, and other storage services, through Zapier just got a lot faster with the All Forms option for GoCanvas and Zapier.
Creating a Zap using "All Forms"
Zapier walks you through a step-by-step process when creating a Zap on their site. All of this is done on the Zapier website from your Dashboard. You can also review Zapier's help topic on creating a Zap.
The screenshots below will show you how we created a Zap that sends all PDFs to OneDrive.
1. Push the "Make New Zap" button on your Dashboard when logged into Zapier.
- Name your Zap.
- Choose GoCanvas as your Trigger App (Zapier refers to all of their partners as "Apps").
2. When using GoCanvas as the App, the Trigger Event is "New Submission" and you can trigger it Mid-Workflow in the "Set up trigger" step.
3. Connect your GoCanvas Account to Zapier. Once you do this the first time, Zapier will remember the connection.
4. Authenticate your GoCanvas Account with Zapier.
- Enter your GoCanvas username and password.
- ONLY change the GoCanvas Web Site address if you purchased GoCanvas from Telstra, our partner in Australia.
- Push the "Yes, continue" button.
5. Now you can select whether this is triggered mid workflow or not and select "All Forms" as the App Name.
- If you have not yet made a submission with you GoCanvas account, you will need to make one so Zapier can "see" it.
6. Now Zapier will reach out and "look" at the last submission you made.
- Push the "Test trigger" button.
7. You have now completed your Trigger! Time to create your Action.
- Select the App (Remember, Zapier calls the cloud services they connect to "Apps").
- In this case we are going to select OneDrive.
8. We have selected OneDrive and now we need to choose an Action from the list.
- In this case we are choosing to Upload a File.
9. Now it will ask you to login to OneDrive by entering your username and password.
10. Set up the action.
- Choose the folder where the PDFs will be sent. Keep clicking the dropdown to go inside folders. Defaults to the top-level folder if left blank.
- Click the “File” and a drop down of metadata will appear. Click “Show all options” to reveal “Canvas Pdf” from the list of metadata.
- Choose a file name from the dropdown. By default, Zapier uses the same name and extension as the original file.
11. Test your Zap.
- Push the "Test action" button.
12. Turn it on.
- Keep in mind that once it is turned on it will always run.
- To stop the integration, you must turn off the Zap.
Please sign in to leave a comment.