For each field in the App Builder, you can determine how and when things are displayed on the PDF output of your Submission.
To adjust these settings, click on the field you're editing and select more. Then click on the Show This Field on PDF dropdown.
In that dropdown, you can choose from one of the following options:
- Always - The field label and value will always show up on the PDF, even if it is left blank.
- Never - The field label and value entered will never show up on the PDF.
- Only if field is not empty - The field label and value entered will only show up on the PDF if you enter a value in the field. If it is left blank it will NOT show up on the PDF.
- Only if default value has been changed - The field label and value entered will only show up on the PDF if you change the value from the default value, which you would set in the option called Default Value. You will find this just below the Field Label. This is great for inspections when you just want to show items that fail an inspection. Set your default value to "passed" or "ok" for all fields that are part of the inspection. If you flag an item as "failed" then it will show up because you changed the default value.
- Only if default value has been changed & field is not empty - The field label and value entered will show up if you change the default but do NOT leave the field blank. If you leave the field blank it will not show up.
- Only to addresses set on the Email Options page - The field label and value entered will only show up on the version of the PDF sent to the e-mail addresses you specify in the E-mail Options page for the App. For example, if you specify that each time you fill in an App that it always gets emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org then this particular setting will only display the field on the version sent to that address. If your user enters a customer's email address too, then that version will NOT contain this field label and field value. This is for situations where you need someone in the office to see what was entered into a field but you don't want your customer to see it. Learn more about E-mail Options.