For each field in the Form Builder, you can determine how and when things are displayed when a user views a Submission from the GoCanvas portal.
To adjust these settings, click on the field you're editing and select more. Then click on the Show This Field on Web dropdown.
In that dropdown, you can choose from one of the following options:
- Always - The field label and value will always show up on the web, even if it is left blank.
- Never - The field label and value entered will never show up on the web.
- Only if field is not empty - The field label and value entered will only show up on the web if you enter a value in the field. If it is left blank it will NOT show up on the web.
- Only if default value has been changed - The field label and value entered will only show up on the web if you change the value from the default value, which you would set in the option called Default Value. You will find this just below the Field Label. This is great for inspections when you just want to show items that fail an inspection. Set your default value to "passed" or "ok" for all fields that are part of the inspection. If you flag an item as "failed" then it will show up because you changed the default value.
- Only if default value has been changed & field is not empty - The field label and value entered will show up if you change the default but do NOT leave the field blank. If you leave the field blank it will not show up.