First you need to enable Dispatch with Reference Data for your form.
- On the Forms page, click on the name of the form for which you want to enable the feature.
- Under Settings, find Dispatch and click the Settings button:
- Click the box next to Use Reference Data in the Dispatch Manager with this form:
Using Reference Data when creating a Dispatch
Like with other fields in your form, using Reference Data when creating a dispatch will behave similarly to how it works on your mobile device. You can select from a dropdown and even use Dependent Reference Data to auto-populate additional fields.
Limits to using Reference Data when creating a Dispatch
There are some tricks and limitations to using Reference Data in the Dispatch Manager, including:
- File size: there's not a hard file size limit, but having a lot of Reference Data Dispatched within a single form may cause page load times to increase, the process to time out, or other issues.
- Static text: If you are using Reference Data to set a Static Text field, it will not display in the Dispatch Manager.
- Show duplicates: If a field is set to show duplicates in the Form Builder, it will not be available to use in the Dispatch Manager.
- Checkbox backdoor: The checkbox backdoor will display as a dropdown in the Dispatch Manager.
- Grouped Reference Data: Reference Data that is divided into User Groups will not be available in the Dispatch Manager.
- Read only: Whatever is typed in Dispatch manager will show on mobile, overwriting any defaults or auto-captured data.
- Pre-populated grids: If you Dispatch to a pre-populated grid, the value you're Dispatching will overwrite what is supposed to be pre-populated.