With the launch of the GoCanvas Mobile Builder, there are now two distinct ways to create and manage your Apps, so you may be wondering differences between the Mobile Builder and our Advanced App Builder.
The Mobile Builder was designed to be a mobile-only experience, but there may be instances where someone currently using this builder may want to change to using the Advanced App Builder.
Mobile Builder specifications:
- Only available on your phone or tablet
- Simultaneous PDF creation - no separate designer
- Does not have: mirror field, Reference Data, conditions
- Does have: Separate email and phone fields
- Limited field customization
- Start with pre-configured templates (for estimates, invoices, inspections, work orders, and waivers)
- The Mobile Builder is currently only available for iOS devices
Advanced Builder specifications:
- Not recommended on mobile (including tablets)
- Includes additional field specifications, like visibility options
- Separate PDF formatting (Standard, Designer, Custom) allows for more personalization
- Does have: Reference Data, conditions, mirror field
- Start with an App from the Application Store