The ability to duplicate the values of a field in another field has long been one of GoCanvas's secret features. As of April 2018, mirroring is officially a supported field type in the App Builder.
Mirror fields are ideal for summarizing information that's already been added. For example, if you are entering customer data on one screen and calculating a pricing total on a different screen, you can mirror a copy of each of those fields onto a final summary screen.
Adding a Mirror field to your App
- Open the App Builder.
- Add fields and screens as needed. For example:
- Drag a Mirror field onto a screen:
- Select the screen that the field you want to mirror is on and the field you want to mirror:
- Save and publish.
Mirror fields on mobile
This is what those Mirror fields look like on mobile:
These specifications apply to the mirror field only.
- Mirror fields will take on the type of field that they are mirroring. That is, if the original field is a short text field with a style of number, the mirror field will also have those attributes.
- You CAN mirror fields that are on the same screen.
- You CAN mirror fields across Workflow Handoffs.
- You CAN have a different name for the mirrored field than the original field.
- You CANNOT edit the mirrored field; it will appear as a read-only field in your App.
- You CANNOT mirror fields contained within a Loop screen
- You CANNOT mirror the following field types: Photo, Static Image, Signature, Drawing, GPS, Web Link, Payment, and Mirror.