A template is a copy of a GoCanvas App that does not transmit down to a mobile device, but can act as a starting point for a new GoCanvas App. You are able to create templates from your existing Apps or use existing Templates from your Templates list to create new Apps. This is particularly useful for making a copy of an App.
Creating a Template
- Navigate to the Apps tab.
- Click the name of the app you want to create a template of.
- In the Actions area, click Create Template.
Copying an App from a Template
- Navigate to the Apps tab within the GoCanvas website.
- On the bottom of the page click Templates.
- You will be presented with a list of your Templates. Click the Create App icon (plus sign in a box) on the right to create a copy based on that Template.
Sharing a Template to the Application Store
You can share Templates to our Application Store for other users to download.
- Once you have created a Template of your App, you can navigate to the Templates page, and choose Share from the quick actions on the right side of the Template Name:
- Once you have clicked Share, a confirmation message will pop up in the upper right corner, letting you know that the Template is under review:
- After the Template is reviewed and approved by our Internal teams, it will be posted to the Application Store for other users to download for free.