Note: This feature is only available to Professional or higher plans. Contact GoCanvas at email@example.com for assistance.
Department functionality will allow you to separate users, groups, Apps, Submissions, reference images, and reference data so different teams within your organization only have access to what they need. This will provide a cleaner view for your team members when they are logged onto the GoCanvas website managing your account.
What is Department functionality?
How to use Department functionality
How to enable Departments
- Navigate to Account>Customize.
- You will now see the option for departments.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of Department Functionality.
- Check the box beside Enable Department Functionality.
- Click Save.
By enabling this functionality, you will have two additional user Roles available to you:
- Company Admin - Has Admin privileges across Departments.
- Company Reporter - Has Reporter privileges across Departments.
To learn more about Roles when Departments is enabled, click here.
To edit or create a department, you must be an Account Admin. When you enable Departments, one department will automatically be created.
To create a new department follow these steps:
- Click Create Department.
- Enter a name.
- If you would like you can add a description.
- Click Save.
To delete a department, you must first un-assign all the members of that department. Then a delete button will show up to the right of the name on the Departments page.
To edit a department follow the steps:
- Go to Departments under your Account tab.
- Click on the name of the department you would like to change.
- To edit the name and description, click Edit beside the Description.
- You can also edit the members and member roles in a department by click Edit Members in the Department Members box.
When you first enable this feature it can be a bit tricky to navigate the site. This video will clarify things for you.
The Department feature allows you to share GoCanvas Apps across departments. If you have GoCanvas apps that all employees need to fill out then you can put that App in all departments. All of your data submissions are associated with that one GoCanvas app, too. This makes analysis really easy.