You can now integrate your apps with Box, Dropbox, Evernote, or Google Drive. Integration is a connection between your app and your account on the other site. When you integrate your apps, a PDF of every submission will be sent to that service's account to be stored there.
Setting Up Integration
To integrate your app with Box, Dropbox, Evernote or Google Drive you must first set up the feature. *Note: You can only integrate with one site per app. To set it up, follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps in the left side navigation or using the top toolbar.
- Select the App you want to use for integration.
- Under Settings, find Integration Options and click the Settings button.
- Click Activate under the site you wish to use.
- A dialog box will come up for you to authorize the integration. Choose Authorize.
- This will take you to the site you chose to integrate with. It will have you login to the website if you are not already. After this step, depending on the site you chose, the steps are a bit different.
Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive
- Depending on the site you chose it will have a different button. For Box, choose Grant access, for DropBox choose Allow and for Google Drive choose Accept. Then you will be taken back to the GoCanvas website and shown the Integration Wizard.
- Here you will need to choose a Folder for the PDFs to be stored in. The default path will be /GoCanvas/Your-app-name/. This means it will be stored in a folder named after you app which is in a folder named GoCanvas. You can change the path to whatever you would like.
- You also have an option of creating folders based on a value in the submission. If you leave this blank the PDFs will all be stored in the folder chosen above. If you choose a field then the PDFs will each be put in a folder titled by the value of that field in the submission.
For example: If you choose a date field, and have five submissions with the value of that date field being 6/13/14, all five of those submissions will go into a folder called 6/13/14 inside of the folder you specified above.
- Once you've set these hit Save. GoCanvas is now integrated with the site you chose.
- On this page you can select how long you want GoCanvas to authorize the connection of the accounts. The default is one year, which is the longest time available. You can change the length to a day, a week, or 30 days by clicking (change) besides 'For 1 year'.
- Click Authorize. Then you will be taken back to the GoCanvas website and the dialog box.
- It will automatically create a new Notebook for you named GoCanvas, you can now choose the name of the Note you want the PDFs to go into, such as the app name that the submissions are coming from.
- Once you've set this hit Save. GoCanvas is now integrated with Evernote.
Our connection with Zapier works quite differently than these other services. To learn more, please visit these Help topics:
Once you have Integration set up using it is easy! You fill out and submit apps just like usual. Every submission you complete will automatically have a PDF copy saved to your Box, Dropbox, Evernote, or Google Drive account.