With GoCanvas, you can specify the email options for each form. The email options determine if a Submission's PDF is automatically created when the submission is uploaded and to which email addresses the PDF is sent.
Please note: the size limit for emailing a PDF Submission is 25 MB.
To change your email options follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Forms page.
- Click the name of your form.
- Under Settings, find Email Options and click the Settings button.
Admins can choose what users can specify about the auto-generated PDF of a Submission. The options are:
- Cannot email the PDF to anyone: the user has no control over where the Submission PDF is sent.
- Can email the PDF to themselves only: the user will be prompted if they wish to receive a copy of the Submission PDF sent to their own email.
- Can email the PDF to anyone: user will be prompted to specify a list of email addresses that will receive the Submission PDF. Note: If you have an email field in your form the address entered in the field will automatically be added to the list to receive the PDF.
In addition, you can specify a list of email addresses (separated by a comma) that will always receive a copy of the Submission PDF regardless of the email option specified.
You can also override the first two options using the "always email submissions to this address" option in the Form Builder.
You can also include data from the Submission in the GoCanvas generated email. To learn more about this, please see can submitted data be included in the auto-generated emails.