NOTE: This article refers to the Standard PDF that is automatically generated with every submission. If you are looking to customize the PDF using the PDF Designer, please click here.
Data submitted using GoCanvas can be converted into a PDF (see how to download the PDF, please see our FAQ here).
If you want your PDF to look exactly like your current paper form, you will need a Custom PDF designed by our team of experts.
To learn more about GoCanvas Solutions Engineering, please contact your GoCanvas Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, Account Executive, or submit a ticket to support.
Otherwise the standard GoCanvas PDF can be customized right online.
Customizing PDF Header
The header text of the generated PDF can be customized. Here's how:
- Expand Account in the left navigation and click Account Settings.
- Under PDF Settings, locate Standard PDF Header and click Settings.
- Type in what you wish to have for a header and click Save.
Customizing Account Logo
You can customize the logo that appears in the generated PDF and submissions seen on a browser. This can also be done in the Account area.
Follow these steps:
- Expand Account in the left navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Under General Settings, click the Upload button next to Custom Account Logo to upload your image and save.
Customizing Individual Forms
Want a different logo, header, or font on each of your GoCanvas forms? Follow these steps:
- Click on the Forms tab.
- Click the Name of the form you want to customize.
- In the Settings section, click the PDF Options Settings button.
You can customize your header and logo for each individual form if you want.
Note: Whatever you customize on a form-by-form basis will override whatever you do in Account Settings.
Customizing PDF Data
You can include or hide the data submitted by GoCanvas users from their mobile devices in the PDF. To set these options, follow these steps:
- Click on Forms.
- Click the Edit icon in line with the form you want to use this on.
- Go to the More settings for the field you want to show or hide.
Go to the settings for the screen you want to show or hide.
Below is a screenshot of what the advanced options look like.
The specific options dictating when data is visible are:
- Always - This field will always be displayed on the PDF
- Never - This field will never be displayed on the PDF
- Only if field is not empty - This field will be displayed on the PDF if the user entered a value for it
- Only if default value has been changed - This field will be displayed on the PDF if the user changed it from the default value
- Only if default value has been changed & field is not empty - This field will be displayed in the PDF if the user changed it and it is not blank.
- Only to addresses set on the email options page - The field will only show up on the PDF sent to addresses specified on the website in the Email Options area. Learn more about how to specify email addresses that your PDFs will always be sent to each time someone fills one out.
You can also prevent fields from showing up on your PDF.