Security and privacy are some of our core concerns at GoCanvas. That's why we equipped our product with features and capabilities to ensure that your data is secure. Our basic settings provide great security, but you can enable a password policy to add to that security.
You can set the password complexity options below in any combination:
- Minimum length of password should be 8 characters.
- Must have a combination of upper and lower case letters.
- Must have at least 1 number.
- Must have at least 1 special character.
You can also set the following:
- Must change password every 90 days. Cannot use any of the last 5 previous passwords.
- Lockout users after 5 failed login attempts (within a 1 hour window).
If you make a change it will only affect users when they change their password on their own or upon password expiration (if that option is selected). You may force them to change at next login by clicking the checkbox beside "Force users to change password on next login?". These changes will not automatically affect API or Mobile access.
Setting Up a Password Policy
Follow the steps below to set up your password policy:
- Navigate to Account>Account Settings.
- Under Security Settings find Password Policy and click the Settings button.
- Set your policy and then hit save.