Security and privacy are some of our core concerns at GoCanvas. That's why we equipped our product with features and capabilities to ensure that your data is secure. Our basic settings provide great security, but you can enable a password policy to enhance security for your team.
Password complexity can be adjusted with any combination of the following settings:
- Minimum Password Length of 8 or 16 characters.
Password Complexity requirements such as:
- Must have a combination of upper and lower case letters,
- Must have at least 1 number,
- Must have at least 1 special character.
Other Password Options such as:
- Must change password every 90 days. Cannot use any of the last 5 previous passwords,
- Lockout users after 5 failed login attempts (within a 1 hour window).
If you make a change it will only affect users when they change their password on their own or upon password expiration, given that setting is selected. You may force them to change at their next login with the setting under Force Password Reset: "Force users to change password on next login?" checkbox.
These changes will not automatically affect API or mobile access.
Setting Up a Password Policy
1. Expand the Account drop down in the left navigation and select Account Settings.
Note: If Departments are enabled, you must first switch to All to change account settings.
2. Under Security Settings find Password Policy and click the Settings button.
3. Set your policy and then hit Save.