You have the ability to allow your users to modify completed submissions on Android and iOS devices as well as in your portal. You can also view or edit them as a whole new submission on mobile.
Enabling Submission Editing
- Go to the Forms tab.
- Click the name of the form you want to allow submission editing for.
- Under Settings, find Edit & View and click the Settings button.
- Select who can have access to the editing of a completed Submission and click save.
Note: You have to sync the device before the option will become available.
The users you chose will now have the ability to edit all previous and future submissions for this form.
Editing Submissions in the Portal
First, a few things to know:
- You cannot modify Signatures, Drawings, Static Text (entered from the Form Builder), or GPS coordinates.
- Fields are not validated for correct input (for example, if you have a field mask established, it will not be checked during the editing process).
- Calculations and Summaries are not recalculated.
- You cannot add new items to a list screen.
- Fields that were marked as PDF visible "if value is not blank" cannot be updated in a web edit if they were blank in the mobile Submission. You are able to edit those fields on mobile.
- For conditional fields whose condition is NOT met during the original mobile submission, web editing is possible, however the edit WILL NOT display on the PDF. However, if you do mobile edit, the changes will display on the PDF.
- If you edit a field that is being used as the Submission name, the name will not change on the website.
How to Edit:
- Now that you have selected who can edit submissions for that form, you will need to go to Submissions.
- Select the form you just enabled editing for.
- Click on the blue hyperlink under the Submission Date column of the submission you wish to edit.
- You will now see an Edit icon to the right of every editable field.
- Click Edit to make your changes.
- When you're done, click the green checkmark to save.
- Once complete you will see your revisions in the GoCanvas generated PDF. Anyone with the ability to edit will also have the ability to view who changed what by clicking on Revisions on the left side of the screen.
Viewing and Editing Submissions on a Mobile Device
You can also view your submissions from your mobile device. To do that follow these steps:
- Open the GoCanvas mobile application and login to your account.
- Tap the Completed button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the submission you would like to view or edit.
- View - View will allow you to preview the submission's PDF.
- Edit - Edit will allow you to edit the submission.
- New - New will create a new (duplicate) submission with the data entered from the selected submission.
You can now filter your Submission list to view by form and by date range.
- Click the Filter icon in the top right corner.
- Select the date range to filter by. If you would like to filter by specific forms, click or swipe the button next to the desired forms:
- When you are finished, click Apply.