Do you have a work process that requires follow-up steps after the completion of a submission? Submission Status allows internal teams to customize and keep track of the post-submission steps with very little setup required.
Submission Status is a form-level setting and can be unique to each use case.
Setting up Submission Statuses
1. From the Forms page, open the form settings for any form.
2. Under Settings, find Submission Status and click the Settings button.
3. Check the box beside Enable Submission Status for this form.
4. Select Add a Status, type in your custom status, and select the green check.
5. Repeat step 4 until all statuses have been added.
6. Select Save.
Any submissions from that form, past or future, can now have a designated status.
Editing Submission Status options
If the statuses previously set need to be in a different order, edited, or deleted, navigate to the form setting with steps 1 and 2 above.
To edit the name of a status, select the Pen and Pencil icon directly to the right of the status. You will get a warning, "Editing this value will also change the value for any past submissions. Are you sure you want to make your changes?" and select Ok to edit. Remember to select the green check to confirm the change.
If your statuses are simply not in the right order, use the up and down arrows to the right of the trashcan until the statuses are in the right order.
If a status is no longer needed, select the trashcan icon to the right of the edit icon. GoCanvas will give you the option to change the status of all existing submissions to a different, pre-existing Status.
How to Apply Statuses to Submissions
1. Navigate to the Submissions page.
2. Select the form name that has submissions that need statuses.
3. Under the Status heading, select the status that needs updated.
4. From the dropdown menu, select the appropriate status for the submission.
Follow the same steps to update the status at any time.