You may be maintaining Dispatch information in an Excel file or in a program that allows you to generate an Excel file. GoCanvas allows you to upload that file to create those Dispatches in bulk.
- Navigate to the Workflow & Dispatch page.
- Scroll to the Sample Dispatch File area. Click on the Download button next to the App you want to create Dispatches for. GoCanvas will create a CSV file for you that contains the fields (as columns) you need to assign dispatches in bulk.
- A CSV file will be downloaded to your computer. Open it in Excel. The first three columns represent the three fields you must complete in order to assign a dispatch to a user.
- App Name - It will auto-populate the app name in the second row based on the sample you downloaded. Drag that value down to populate more rows.
Note: You can dispatch to multiple apps in a single file. Make sure your app name is accurate.
- Description - This is the name of the dispatch that will show up in the Dispatch Manager and on the user's mobile device. They appear alphabetically on the mobile device.
- User email - This is the email address of the mobile worker you want to assign the dispatch to.
Note: You must add users to your account if you intend to assign dispatches to your mobile workers.
That's it! Your dispatches will then appear in the Dispatch Manager.