You may be maintaining Dispatch information in an Excel file or in a program that allows you to generate an Excel file. GoCanvas allows you to upload that file to create those Dispatches in bulk.
- Navigate to the Workflow & Dispatch page.
- Scroll to the Sample Dispatch File area. Click on the Download button next to the App you want to create Dispatches for. GoCanvas will create a CSV file for you that contains the fields (as columns) you need to assign dispatches in bulk.
- A CSV file will be downloaded to your computer. Open it in Excel. The first three columns represent the three fields you must complete in order to assign a dispatch to a user.
- App Name - It will auto-populate the app name in the second row based on the sample you downloaded. Drag that value down to populate more rows.
Note: You can dispatch to multiple apps in a single file. Make sure your app name is accurate.
- Dispatch Name - This will be displayed on the Dispatch Calendar and in the calendar invitation sent to the person assigned to the dispatch.
- Description - This is the name of the dispatch that will show up in the Dispatch Manager and on the user's mobile device. They appear alphabetically on the mobile device.
- User email - This is the email address of the mobile worker you want to assign the dispatch to.
Note: You must add users to your account if you intend to assign dispatches to your mobile workers.
- Duration: This column is is used to set how long the Dispatch will show up on the Dispatch Calendar, and/or the calendar the user utilizes on their devices.
- Reminder: This column affects when your users will receive an email with a calendar invite attached to it. This allows them to add the Dispatch to the calendar they use on their devices.
- Send Invite: This column triggers a calendar invite to be sent to the user, which allows them to add the Dispatch to the calendar they use on their devices.
That's it! Your dispatches will then appear in the Dispatch Manager.