Note: As of January 22, 2019, Square has replaced PayPal for payment options. PayPal has officially been inactive for existing users since February 2019. Learn more about Square here.
GoCanvas allows you to integrate with Square, which means you can immediately and easily collect payment using your form and Square's supported devices.
As it currently stands, Square's credit card transaction fee breakdown is listed below. There are no additional fees incurred through GoCanvas when capturing payments in a form using Square.
-- 2.5% + $0.10 for swiped payments
-- 3.5% + $0.15 for keyed in payments
Note: Square is currently only available in the U.S.
The Square integration is on an form-by-form basis, meaning you'll need to configure it for each form that you'd like to enable to collect payment.
To set up a Square integration, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Forms page and click on the name of the form you'd like to configure.
- Under Settings, find Payment Options and click the Settings button.
- Click the Integrate button.
- On the overlay, click the Authorize button.
- A pop-up will appear. Either Sign up for a Square account if you don't already have one, or enter your Square credentials and Sign in.
- Once you're logged in (either with your existing account or your new account), click Allow to grant GoCanvas permission to process payments with Square.
- After receiving confirmation of successful authorization with Square, click Save.
- Once you've integrated with Square, you can disconnect your connection from this page.
Note: After you've connected your form to Square, you'll need to add a Payment field to your form. If you've used PayPal to collect payment in GoCanvas in the past, make sure you check out this article for important things to know when switching to Square.
UPDATE (6/10/19): You can now select an additional field of data to include along with the transaction ID that gets sent to your Square account, to help better identify payments taken in GoCanvas.
Click on the Payment field in the Form Builder and select the field you'd like to send to Square with each transaction.
- There is a 60 character limit on the field, regardless of which field you select. Anything exceeding 60 characters will automatically be truncated or cut off the Submission ID once the limit is reached.
- Only fields that are placed before the Payment field will be available for selection