One of the major reasons to go digital with paperwork is to save time. One way to save users' time filling out forms is auto-populating repetitive information that otherwise slows them down.
GoCanvas has a feature called System Default that allows you to populate a text field with data based on the user that is logged into the application. An alternative to Reference Data, System Defaults can save just a hair more time than Reference Data when it comes to user information as these defaults only require the user's information be up to date in the GoCanvas portal.
Please note that only Advanced Form Builder has System Defaults so please use Reference Data in Builder BETA.
- Launch an existing form or start a new form in the Advanced Form Builder by selecting
Create New>Mobile Form>Start.
- Find or add the Short text field you want to auto-populate with the user's data and press the field to open Field Settings in the palette on the left.
- Expand the More tab at the bottom of the palette and you'll find an option called System Default. You have several options:
- Username - This is the username for their GoCanvas account, which is their email address.
- Company Name - This is your company name as entered on your GoCanvas account.
- First Name - Your user's first name as entered on their GoCanvas account.
- Last Name - Your user's last name as entered on their GoCanvas account.
- Full Name (First Last) - Your user's first and last name as entered on their GoCanvas account.
You could make this field Read Only, too, if you don't want your user to be able to edit it. Since it is probably not necessary that this field ever gets edited, you may as well make it Read Only, or even turn off Mobile Visible, so your user skips over it quickly.