A screen has different settings or properties that can be configured, which can change how the user is allowed to interact with the screen on their device. You can find the screen settings by clicking on your screen in the App Outline. Click the gear icon to view the screen's settings. Below are the different settings that are currently available:
Screen Name - This setting is used as a header to describe the screen's purpose at a high level.
Style - This setting is used to determine whether you would like the field labels to appear above the input or to the left.
PDF Visible - This setting is used to determine when a screen can be seen on the PDF of a returned Submission. Below are the options available and their meanings:
- Always - The field label and value will always show up on the PDF even if it is left blank.
- Never - The field label and value entered will never show up on the PDF.
- Only if field is not empty - The field label and value entered will only show up on the PDF if you enter a value in the field. If it is left blank it will NOT show up on the PDF.
- Only if default value has been changed - The field label and value entered will only show up on the PDF if you change the value from the default value, which you would set in the option called Default Value. You will find this just below the Field Label. This is great for inspections when you just want to show items that fail an inspection. Set your default value to "passed" or "ok" for all fields that are part of the inspection. If you flag an item as "failed" then it will show up because you changed the default value.
- Only if default value has been changed & field is not empty - The field label and value entered will show up if you change the default but do NOT leave the field blank. If you leave the field blank it will not show up.
- Only to addresses set on the Email Options page - The field label and value entered will only show up on the version of the PDF sent to the e-mail addresses you specify in the E-mail Options page for the App. For example, if you specify that each time you fill in an App that it always gets emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org then this particular PDF Visible setting will only display the field on the version sent to that address. If your user enters a customer's email address too, then that version will NOT contain this field label and field value. This is for situations where you need someone in the office to see what was entered into a field but you don't want your customer to see it. Click to learn more about "E-mail Options."
Web Visible - This setting is used to determine when a screen can be seen on the web view of a returned Submission. Web visible contains the same options as PDF Visible except Web-Specified Emails Only.
Loop This Screen - This setting used to allow your mobile users to repeat a screen as many times as needed.
- Allow Duplicate Entries - If a screen is looped, you can use this setting to allow looped screens to have more than one identical item in the list.
- Display Field - This setting is used on looped screens to rename a list item. For example, your key field may be Manufacturer but you would like the Item itself to be the display field. Use the Display Field setting to configure this.
Show Screen Name - This setting is used to determine whether the screen name will be displayed on a returned Submission.
Page Break After - This setting is used to start a new page on the GoCanvas Standard PDF report.